Park Village Porpoises
Welcome to the Park Village Swim Team web page! We hope that you will join us this summer for lots of fun, exercise, and socializing with your neighbors. We would love to spend our summer with you. The coaching staff hopes to make this a fun and exciting summer for all of our swimmers. Our goal is to help all swimmers enjoy the summer while becoming confident and ever-improving athletes.
The Park Village Swim Team is open to all neighborhood children between the ages of 5-18. The age group you swim with is based on your age as of June 1st.
- Ages 6 & under must be able to swim 15 yards unassisted
- Ages 7-10 must be able to complete one lap unassisted
- Ages 11-18 must be able to swim two laps unassisted
(Note: Residents must be in good standing with the PV HOA to participate. It is also highly recommended that your child completed formal swimming lessons before joining the swim team due to the fact that children who are comfortable being in the water as a result of lessons will be safer and more likely to succeed in a group environment.) You can also visit our new website at Park Village Porpoises Website for additional information.
Registration will be held on April 26th 4:30-6:00pm at the PV Clubhouse and on April 28th 7:00-8:00pm at the PV Clubhouse.
Registration Fees (per family):
- 1st Swimmer- $90
- 2nd Swimmer- $90
- 3rd Swimmer- $80
- 4th Swimmer and any additional swimmers- $70
The registration fee covers coaching salaries, TSA dues, concession supplies, swim team equipment, printing expenses, and awards.
The following must be completed and turned in at Registration before the swimmers application will be accepted:
- At Registration please bring two checks. The first check is to pay for your swimmer(s).
- The second check is for $150.00. The $150.00 check will not be cashed and will be returned at the end of the season as long as volunteer obligations are met. *Each family is required to volunteer at 4 of the 6 regular season meets and the June 9th Mock Meet to fulfill volunteer duties.
Checks should be made payable to Park Village Swim Team.
Refunds less $25.00 are possible for first time swimmers only who after the end of the two week trial period, June 8th, have not met the safety guidelines.
(Note: The swim team accepts new swimmer throughout the season!)
Coaching Staff :
Head Coach: TBD
Both coaches are available to give swimming lessons to Park Village residents.
Swim Team Committee:
Tracey Asbill 919-362-0928 TSA Representative
Julie Simpson Treasurer
Open Volunteer Coordinator
Michael Newhouse Concessions
firstname.lastname@example.org Swim Team email
Handbook - Update coming soon